FRIENDS OF JAMAICA POND
36 Perkins St., PO Box 300040, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130-0030
Gerry Wright, Founder and President
"Let it be not for present use and delight alone, but let it be of such a work that our descendents will thank us for it."
Frederick Law Olmsted
THINK AHEAD FIFTY YEARS!
Become a Friend of Jamaica Pond!
Donations and Memberships are the single most important source of funding for supporting the programs of the Friends of Jamaica Pond. Small grass roots environmental groups receive only limited grant support. These grants also often require matching funds. Individual donations also demonstrates community support that is a very important factor in successful grant applications.
Donations can be directed to the general support of Friends of Jamaica Pond or support specific program. Your donations will help
- Save the park's trees through the Forestry Protection Project
- Educate young and old people to the wonders of the park through Nature's Class Room - Environmental Education Project
- Provide plantings of flowers, trees and shrubs
- Provide free and low cost presentations of the Frederick Law Olmsted play to schools, libraries and community centers
- Conduct research on park public usage, water shed drainage, bird and animal populations, plus air, water and soil conditions relating to climate change
- Sponsor environmental arts programs and events
Members and Donors will receive advance notice of Friends of Jamaica Pond events. Members and Donors will also receive a Year End Report including summary total of donations and contributions for the IRS and State tax reports.
Your contribution is tax deductible, please consult your tax advisor(s). Make checks payable to the Friends of Jamaica Pond, Inc. and return this form with the check to the:
Friends of Jamaica Pond
PO Box 300040
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130-0030
I will help support the
Programs and Services
- Friends of Jamaica Pond General Support
- Annual Park Keeper Award
- Frederick Law Olmsted: Passages in the Life of an Unpractical Man one-man play by Gerry Wright
- Nature's Class Room: Environmental Education Projects
- Environmental Research Projects
- Forestry Protection Projects
- Emerald Necklace Bird Club
- Volunteer Stewardship Program
- $20 Individual
- $10 Students and Seniors
- $35 Family
- $100 Steward
- $500 Patron
- $1,000 Donor
- $5,000 Sustainer
State_______ Zip Code__________________________
Web Site: _____________________________________
Donation Amount: $____________________________
Employer Matching Contributions?_______________